Effective Date: January 2022
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, AND WHY
The types of information we collect:
We may collect the following information directly from you or about you from others:
- Personally identifiable Information (“PII”) you provide, such as your name, username and password, shipping and billing information, email address, telephone number, and/or credit card information.
- Job application information, such as your resume, contact and location information, employment and education history, skills, references provided by others about you, etc.
- Loyalty club information, such as your purchasing history, rewards earned and redeemed, and product preferences.
- Details related to your browsing and purchasing behavior such as your product preferences.
- Information you provide to us about others or others provide about you, such as the names, address, telephone, email address, gift occasions of recipients or friends and family you have referred to us, gift recipients, etc.
- Information that does not personally identify you such as gender, or demographic information, IP address.
We may collect the following information automatically when you use the Website or visit our stores:
- Logging information such as IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile device type, referring URLs, access times, Website usage behavior, pages viewed, time on site.
- Social networking information, such as personal information about you, including usernames and connection list, email address and password if you access the Websites using a third-party social networking application or feature such as Facebook Connect, through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you.
- Social media connections, such as personal information about you if other users of a third-party website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their “connections” or information about you is otherwise accessible through your “connections” web page, profile page, or similar page on a social networking or other third-party website or interactive service.
- Video Cameras, used in our stores for security purposes, record images of store visitors and employees. We only use this information as necessary to provide security for our stores and to exercise our legal rights and defend ourselves.
Our third-party services providers may collect the following information when you use certain features on our Website or make purchases online or in our stores:
- Online orders - Our point-of-sale service provider also manages our online order page. Information you submit when ordering online is submitted directly to the service provider.
- Promotions/Sweepstakes - We may use a third-party service provider to run our online or in-store promotions or sweepstakes which require data collection, winner selection and communications with participants.
- Our Cookies. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Website and to keep track of items in your shopping cart. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can reset your browser to provide notification of cookies or to disable the cookie feature through the appropriate browser settings, however if you select this setting, you may not be able to use all features of our site. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs. Further general information about cookies and how they work is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Web Beacons. We may use web beacons or similar technology to monitor use of our Website and the effectiveness of our advertising. A web beacon is a small, electronic graphic image on specific web pages of our Website that is designed to allow us to monitor who is visiting a website in order to improve the performance of certain features and your shopping experience.
- Do Not Track Technology. We currently do not use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser.
When and where we collect information.
We receive information directly, automatically, or indirectly when you:
- Access or use the Website or visit one of our stores,
- Create or use an online account
- Sign up for our newsletter
- Make or receive a purchase through the Website, in-store, over the phone, through a third-party delivery service
- Interact with customer service
- Write a product review on the Website
- Sign up for SMS messages via text
- Access and/or interact with our social media pages/accounts on third party social media websites (“Social Media Pages”) including tagging and using our brand name hashtags
- Click on or interact with our ads
- Submit a job application or reference for an applicant
- Join or use our loyalty club
- Participate in optional surveys or polls
- Enter sweepstakes, contests, and/or promotions we offer (“Promotions”)
We may use the information we collect from you or receive about you to do the following:
- Create or administer your account or loyalty club membership and communicate with you about account creation, transactional activity, or modification, placed orders and shipping updates
- Fulfill your order and communicate with you about your order via email, phone etc.
- Respond to your requests, submissions, and inquiries
- Send communications to you about our products and the Website and products of our partners that may be of interest to you
- Administer our staffing and employment decisions and functions
- Internal data modeling/marketing research, accounting, auditing, and billing activities
- To analyze trends, administer Website changes
- Deliver targeting advertising, marketing and content specific to your interests
- Inform you about and operate our Promotions, special offers, or deals,
- Personalize products and services to you
- Operate, assess, analyze, enhance, and improve our business, research, data, marketing and advertising strategies, and improve the Website, products and communication services
- Ask you to voluntarily participate in market research (via online survey, phone call, in person focus group, website focus group etc.)
- Respond to lawful court orders, subpoenas, warrants, or other requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), comply with applicable laws, regulations and industry standards and enforce our rights, this Policy and our Terms and Conditions and other policies.
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION AND YOUR CHOICES
- You can update, amend, or delete your information at any time by logging into your account or loyalty club membership.
- You can choose to delete or block cookies by setting your browser to either reject all cookies or to allow cookies only from selected sites. If you block cookies performance of the Site may be impaired and certain features may not function at all.
- If you wish to opt out of receiving promotional emails from us just click the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of any email you receive from us. Please allow up to 5 business days for this change in email preference to take place. Please note that you cannot opt-out of transactional email communications related to your account.
- You can cancel the SMS Service at any time by replying “STOP” to any text message you receive from us. We will send you one SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will resume SMS messages to you
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We may permit others to link to this Website or to post a link to their site on ours. We do not endorse these sites and we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any websites or services that are not owned or controlled by the Company including those to which this site links to or that link to this site. Please read their privacy policies before submitting information.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We are not in the business of selling personal information about our users to third parties. We may share information about our users, including personal information:
- If you request or authorize it
- If the information is needed to help complete a transaction for you (i.e., delivery and shipping services like UPS, DoorDash, payment processing services like Toast, etc.) and to update you on the status of your orders
- If the information is provided to our outside agents, vendors or third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf (i.e., data storage, payment processing, analytics, marketing assistance, etc.) under contracts that prohibit using information we share with them for any other purpose.
- If the information is provided in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a company sale or transfer of assets, financing, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, where the personal information and other information you provide to us or that we have gathered about you may be part of the transferred assets
- As otherwise described in this policy.
Information you share: If you post or transmit personal information to publicly-accessible areas of the Website, or to third-party services (each, a “Submission”) such information may be available to third parties and the general public. Please use care when posting information publicly.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We take data security seriously. We have put in place reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect information in our possession from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We may use standard encryption technology to protect information being transferred over the internet, but no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee complete security. If you have created an online account, you should safeguard your username and password. Please sign out of your account and close your browser when you leave the site and do not share your login information with anyone. If we receive instructions using your log-in information we will consider that you have authorized the instructions. We will not ask for your online account username or password via email.
Currently our bakeries are only located in the United Stated. Currently our bakeries only deliver or ship items in the United States.
Our Website is hosted in the United States and is intended for United States visitors. If you visit from other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please be aware that you are transferring personal information to the United States. The United States does not have the same data protection laws as some other regions. By providing personal information to us, you consent to the transfer of it to the United States and the use of it in accordance with this policy.
Children's safety is important to us, and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active interest in the online activities of their children. We do not intentionally or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that we have collected personally identifiable information from a user of the site who is under the age of thirteen, we will remove that child's personal information from our files.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS:
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents with an established business relationship with us are permitted by California law once a year to request disclosure about personal information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the prior calendar year. To make such a request, please send an email to us at email@example.com.
California Consumer Privacy Act Notice
If you are a resident of California, please see our SUPPLEMENTAL CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT NOTICE, which provides additional information and disclosures.
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback pertaining to privacy. You may also write to us at SusieCakes Holdings, LLC, 5610 Ward Road, Suite 300, Arvada, CO 80002; Attention: Privacy